HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Rec Center Front Desk Hours - The front desk is currently staffed M-F 9am to 5pm, Saturday & Sunday from 11am-4pm. Phone calls and emails to the Rec Center are also being monitored outside of these hours, so please continue to reach out with any fob requests, event reservations, or any other Rec Center questions: (970) 984-3996 or email@example.com.
Dark Sky Lighting - Please remember the Design Guidelines’ requirement for down-facing/dark sky compliant fixtures to minimize light pollution (Sect. 3.31). Please take a moment to ensure all of your lighting is compliant to avoid enforcement. We’re starting to see more exposed bulbs, especially around patio areas, and this is not approved. As with all other additions or changes to your home or landscape, any lighting changes do need prior written approval from the DRC (with the exception of temporary holiday lighting).
Pet Owner Courtesy - As a reminder, pets must at all times be leashed and under owner control when outside in the community, and any waste properly removed and disposed of immediately. In addition, pet owners are expected to be courteous of neighbors to prevent barking or howling for extended periods.
We hope you will continue to find this website a useful resource for HOA documents and information: Stay tuned for announcement
The Rec Center is Available for Residents to Use for Private Parties!
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment with Carolee to reserve your date (six weeks prior to the date to assure your reservation). Consult the web calendar for dates.
- No rental fee required for Lakota Residents. Refundable $200 cleaning deposit required.
- The Rolling Fork is available for catering! The front desk can provide more information when you book your date.
- You can also cater your own event or hire an outside caterer.
As always, thanks to all board members and volunteers that make Lakota such a special place to live! If you have any questions about the Rec Center or events, please contact the Front Desk at (970) 984-3996 or email@example.com.
- Updated Design Guidelines – The Board approved the new version of the Design Guidelines, and is available here on this website. As previously mentioned, this version does not introduce any major design changes but is intended to clarify existing requirements as well as the overall review process.
- Mountain Lion Sighting and Wildlife Caution – A mountain lion sighting was reported recently (near Aguila), which unfortunately took the life of a pet. Please continue to look out for the safety of your family and pets be extra cautious of wildlife that may be around the community.
- Trash Containers – Especially with wildlife activity, please remember that trash containers may not be left outside within view other than the day of collection only.
- Maintenance Between Curb and Sidewalk – Some areas of Lakota have landscape barriers between the curb and sidewalk (i.e., Clubhouse Dr, Silverado Trl, and Faas Ranch Rd). In most cases these are the maintenance responsibility of the adjacent land owners. If you have one of these detached areas please remember to keep it maintained from excess weed growth. Now is the ideal time to check all your landscaping for trimming and removal of dead material.
- Only Non-motorized Access on Silverado Trail – The Town of New Castle would like to remind Lakota residents that Silverado Trail (west of Lakota near Ute Cir) may not be used by vehicles, motorcycles, for trespassing or loitering, discarding cigarettes or other activities of potential hazard or fire risk.
- PLEASE Pick up after Dogs – Please remember to pick up after your dogs and properly discard waste immediately. As this has become an issue on vacant lots, please note these are privately owned and may not be used for walking dogs, leaving waste, discarding construction debris, or general trespassing. Town code requires that all dogs be leashed except when on own property.
Thank you for your attention to these matters and please reach out if you have questions.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON POOL AND COMMUNITY CENTER USE
As a reminder, the pool and community center is a private establishment reserved for Lakota residents and their guests only. We have had some issues with residents allowing people outside the community to use their access cards or fobs. This is NOT allowed. Access cards and fobs are to be used by Lakota residents only. If you wish to bring guests in, you must accompany them and/or make prior arrangements with the community center staff to allow access. If non-residents are discovered using your access card or fob, it is grounds for your Lakota community center privileges to be revoked and access denied.