HATHA YOGA with Marcy
Join us Tuesdays
6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Call Marcy to reserve a spot!
If you have questions please contact the Rec Center during operating hours.
- New Board Members – As announced in its most recent meeting 8/31, the Board appointed Mary Gervais and Garry Millard for the two vacancies' remaining terms (until 2022) and thank them for their willingness to serve.
- Updated Design Guidelines – The Board approved the new version of the Design Guidelines, and is available here on this website. As previously mentioned, this version does not introduce any major design changes but is intended to clarify existing requirements as well as the overall review process.
- Mountain Lion Sighting and Wildlife Caution – A mountain lion sighting was reported recently (near Aguila), which unfortunately took the life of a pet. Please continue to look out for the safety of your family and pets be extra cautious of wildlife that may be around the community.
- Trash Containers – Especially with wildlife activity, please remember that trash containers may not be left outside within view other than the day of collection only.
- Maintenance Between Curb and Sidewalk – Some areas of Lakota have landscape barriers between the curb and sidewalk (i.e., Clubhouse Dr, Silverado Trl, and Faas Ranch Rd). In most cases these are the maintenance responsibility of the adjacent land owners. If you have one of these detached areas please remember to keep it maintained from excess weed growth. Now is the ideal time to check all your landscaping for trimming and removal of dead material to prepare for the coming season.
- Only Non-motorized Access on Silverado Trail – The Town of New Castle would like to remind Lakota residents that Silverado Trail (west of Lakota near Ute Cir) may not be used by vehicles, motorcycles, for trespassing or loitering, discarding cigarettes or other activities of potential hazard or fire risk.
- PLEASE Pick up after Dogs – Please remember to pick up after your dogs and properly discard waste immediately. As this has become an issue on vacant lots, please note these are privately owned and may not be used for walking dogs, leaving waste, discarding construction debris, or general trespassing.
Thank you for your attention to these matters and please reach out if you have questions. Enjoy the remaining days of spring!
IMPORTANT NOTE ON POOL AND COMMUNITY CENTER USE
As a reminder, the pool and community center is a private establishment reserved for Lakota residents and their guests only. We have had some issues with residents allowing people outside the community to use their access cards or fobs. This is NOT allowed. Access cards and fobs are to be used by Lakota residents only. If you wish to bring guests in, you must accompany them and/or make prior arrangements with the community center staff to allow access. If non-residents are discovered using your access card or fob, it is grounds for your Lakota community center privileges to be revoked and access denied.