Early Fall 2021
As of Sunday, 9/19, the pool is now closed. Thank you Lakota residents and volunteers for another successful summer!
The Front Desk will be staffed through the remainder of September as follows:
We will announce changes to the staffing schedule as determined. (As always, the fitness center is available by fob access anytime.) Stay tuned for more community-building activities and events coming soon to Lakota. Don't forget to call the Front Desk (970-984-3996) to book your tickets for Oktoberfest by 9/20!
Thank you to all of our residents and volunteers for this very successful summer at Lakota Canyon Ranch! Here are a few highlights of this season's accomplishments:
- Picnic lunches and bringing your own beverages was a great success along with the fun in the sun at the pool.
- The Social Committee has put on several successful events, including the Luau, BBQ, and soon to come...the annual LakotaFest!
- New home building continues to rise, a very positive push for property values in Lakota! Welcome to all the new residents and look forward to meeting everyone.
- The Rolling Fork food truck team has been a great addition to the Rec Center and Lakota community. More events to come this winter!
- Significant improvements have been invested in the golf course and clubhouse, and we thank Lakota Links and the ownership team for the positive momentum and encouraging future for Lakota.
Exciting News This Winter for the Rec Center...
The Rolling Fork will be hosting fine dining events in the dining room at the Rec Center. Check the Lakota HOA Website calendar for dates (to be posted soon).
The Rec Center is Available for Residents to Use for Private Parties!
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment with Carolee to reserve your date (six weeks prior to the date to assure your reservation). We are currently booking October for anyone interested. Consult the web calendar for dates.
- No rental fee required for Lakota Residents. Refundable $200 cleaning deposit required.
- The Rolling Fork is available for catering! The front desk can provide more information when you book your date.
- You can also cater your own event or hire an outside caterer.
As always, thanks to all board members and volunteers that make Lakota such a special place to live! If you have any questions about the Rec Center or events, please contact the Front Desk at (970) 984-3996 or email@example.com.
- Updated Design Guidelines – The Board approved the new version of the Design Guidelines, and is available here on this website. As previously mentioned, this version does not introduce any major design changes but is intended to clarify existing requirements as well as the overall review process.
- Mountain Lion Sighting and Wildlife Caution – A mountain lion sighting was reported recently (near Aguila), which unfortunately took the life of a pet. Please continue to look out for the safety of your family and pets be extra cautious of wildlife that may be around the community.
- Trash Containers – Especially with wildlife activity, please remember that trash containers may not be left outside within view other than the day of collection only.
- Maintenance Between Curb and Sidewalk – Some areas of Lakota have landscape barriers between the curb and sidewalk (i.e., Clubhouse Dr, Silverado Trl, and Faas Ranch Rd). In most cases these are the maintenance responsibility of the adjacent land owners. If you have one of these detached areas please remember to keep it maintained from excess weed growth. Now is the ideal time to check all your landscaping for trimming and removal of dead material.
- Only Non-motorized Access on Silverado Trail – The Town of New Castle would like to remind Lakota residents that Silverado Trail (west of Lakota near Ute Cir) may not be used by vehicles, motorcycles, for trespassing or loitering, discarding cigarettes or other activities of potential hazard or fire risk.
- PLEASE Pick up after Dogs – Please remember to pick up after your dogs and properly discard waste immediately. As this has become an issue on vacant lots, please note these are privately owned and may not be used for walking dogs, leaving waste, discarding construction debris, or general trespassing. Town code requires that all dogs be leashed except when on own property.
Thank you for your attention to these matters and please reach out if you have questions. Enjoy the remaining days of fall!
IMPORTANT NOTE ON POOL AND COMMUNITY CENTER USE
As a reminder, the pool and community center is a private establishment reserved for Lakota residents and their guests only. We have had some issues with residents allowing people outside the community to use their access cards or fobs. This is NOT allowed. Access cards and fobs are to be used by Lakota residents only. If you wish to bring guests in, you must accompany them and/or make prior arrangements with the community center staff to allow access. If non-residents are discovered using your access card or fob, it is grounds for your Lakota community center privileges to be revoked and access denied.