Front Desk Staff - The front desk will be staffed during pool hours. To allow entry to the Rec Center, all members must complete the updated Membership Packet, which includes a new Membership Agreement, Waiver & Release, and Rules & Regulations for Rec Center Use (and acknowledgement thereof—more on this below). These documents are available here to complete and bring with you. Please contact the Rec Center staff for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 984-3996.
Water Exercise Classes starting July 28. Contact the Front Desk to sign-up.
Rules & Regulations for Rec Center Use – The Board has approved a new document for the Rules & Regulations of the Rec Center, effective immediately. Please take a moment to review each of these Rules, as they will be enforced. Owners are responsible for their compliance and that of household members and guests, and will need to acknowledge receipt and understanding of these Rules as part of the signed Membership Agreement.
Restaurant – Unfortunately, the restaurant operations will remain closed until further notice. The Board has spent many months exhausting all avenues to provide a viable restaurant operation this summer, either by leasing or staffing, but without success. This means that members may bring in their own food and beverages to the pool—so long as members adhere to the Rules & Regulations for Rec Center Use, and particularly #8 under General Rules. The restaurant space is, however, available and fully functional for use by reservation of private parties and events. Please contact the Rec Center for information: email@example.com or (970) 984-3996.
Social Events – The Social Committee is excited to fill in some fun activities with food and catering for special events. More details to come.
Fitness Center Update – The cooling system for the fitness center has just been repaired! Also, effective 6/1 operating hours for the fitness center will be extended to 24 hours a day by fob access!
Kiddie Pool Improvement – The kiddie pool has just been re-tiled and ready to be enjoyed.
Adult Swim Hours – 7 days a week: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. & 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (by fob access)
The Rec Center amenities are managed and operated by the Lakota Board, who have put in much time and effort as volunteers to prepare and run everything for the season. The Board appreciates your partnership and welcomes any feedback to continue enhancing the value Lakota offers to its members.
For any questions or communications about the Rec Center amenities or social events, please reach out to the Rec Center directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 984-3996.
- Updated Design Guidelines – The Board approved the new version of the Design Guidelines, and is available here on this website. As previously mentioned, this version does not introduce any major design changes but is intended to clarify existing requirements as well as the overall review process.
- Mountain Lion Sighting and Wildlife Caution – A mountain lion sighting was reported recently (near Aguila), which unfortunately took the life of a pet. Please continue to look out for the safety of your family and pets be extra cautious of wildlife that may be around the community.
- Trash Containers – Especially with wildlife activity, please remember that trash containers may not be left outside within view other than the day of collection only.
- Maintenance Between Curb and Sidewalk – Some areas of Lakota have landscape barriers between the curb and sidewalk (i.e., Clubhouse Dr, Silverado Trl, and Faas Ranch Rd). In most cases these are the maintenance responsibility of the adjacent land owners. If you have one of these detached areas please remember to keep it maintained from excess weed growth. Now is the ideal time to check all your landscaping for trimming and removal of dead material to prepare for the coming season.
- Only Non-motorized Access on Silverado Trail – The Town of New Castle would like to remind Lakota residents that Silverado Trail (west of Lakota near Ute Cir) may not be used by vehicles, motorcycles, for trespassing or loitering, discarding cigarettes or other activities of potential hazard or fire risk.
- PLEASE Pick up after Dogs – Please remember to pick up after your dogs and properly discard waste immediately. As this has become an issue on vacant lots, please note these are privately owned and may not be used for walking dogs, leaving waste, discarding construction debris, or general trespassing.
Thank you for your attention to these matters and please reach out if you have questions. Enjoy the remaining days of spring!
IMPORTANT NOTE ON POOL AND COMMUNITY CENTER USE
As a reminder, the pool and community center is a private establishment reserved for Lakota residents and their guests only. We have had some issues with residents allowing people outside the community to use their access cards or fobs. This is NOT allowed. Access cards and fobs are to be used by Lakota residents only. If you wish to bring guests in, you must accompany them and/or make prior arrangements with the community center staff to allow access. If non-residents are discovered using your access card or fob, it is grounds for your Lakota community center privileges to be revoked and access denied.